"Boris Austin is a freelance British photographer & film maker based between London & Beijing, China. With More than 10 years of media experience he has worked for Companies Such as BBC, Stern, UNICEF, Canon and Bloomberg.
Starting as a professional multimedia designer at the age of 17 he later moved on to focus more on photography and video production, documenting youth, social issues & music culture in London. After graduation of his BA from the LCC (London College of Communication) he won a scholarship to study an MA in Multimedia Journalism & Photography Based in Beijing China. Boris was later invited to lecture on the MA and has been contracted to teach photography and multimedia workshops to UNICEF journalists in Beijing.
His work has received awards and has been exhibited and published worldwide. He is available for commercial, editorial and documentary work across Asia."
> > > Current Location: Mumbai +91 8390178944
In the last 3 years ive worked on many new projects including 5 photo assignments with accompanying short films for COLORS Magazine in Milan and a Conceptual multiple exposure project : City Silhouettes with Jasper James In Beijing. BIG WEBSITE UPDATE COMING SOON.
Recent Awards / Achievements
- ”Gold Winner” for the London Photographic Association's Love, Pain & Beauty Competition.
- Selected as a winner for the Magenta “Emerging Photographers of 2009” Award.
- Commissioned by Stern Magazine for the "Sichuan Earthquake Anniversary Special” 10 Page feature.
- Golden Mercur Award for 30 Page Special feature “Intimate China” for Onze Wereld Magazine
- Front Page and feature shoot for Canons CEO Tsuneji Uchida.
Global Entrepreneur Magazine.
- Exhibited at “The Photographers Gallery” London after being selected for graduate show with Solidified Memories Project.
Nominated for best visual Artist of 2006 alongside Banksy and Mathew Barney by XLR8R Magazine in San Fransisco
"This London-based documentary photographer has been shooting some of the most interesting and well-produced portraits and event photography around. Working for the likes of Hospital Records and Knowledge magazine, his energy and passion for photography is dizzying."