Boris Austin - Biography
Boris Austin is a freelance British photographer & filmmaker based in London. With More than 15 years of professional media experience, Boris Starting working in advertising as a Web designer at the age of 17. He later began to focus more on photography and filmmaking, documenting youth, social issues & music culture in London. After graduation of his BA from the LCC (London College of Communication) he won a scholarship to study an internationally acclaimed MA in Multimedia Journalism (Photography & Film ) which he chose to study in China. After graduation Boris was invited to lecture on the MA and was later contracted to teach photography and multimedia workshops to Unicef journalists in Beijing. His work has won awards and has been exhibited and published worldwide. Boris is Represented by Getty Images ( Creative Contributor ) and is available for commercial, editorial or documentary work worldwide.
Unicef, WWF, BBC, Canon, Samsung, Nike, Barclays, Hyundai, Microsoft, Bloomberg,
23RED, BBDO, St Lukes Communications, Stern, Onze Wereld, Time Out and many more...
( In varying roles, Commercial, Editorial, Contract, Other )
Selected Awards / Achievements
- Teaching photography to children in Jamaica working with the Usain Bolt foundation / Samsung / Magnum
- Working with Light Artist Chris Levine to produce Experimental Laser film for the Eden Project
- Shooting a film on Tribal ceremonies in the jungles of Gabon Africa with Director Duncan Bridgeman ( 1 Giant Leap )
- Samsung sponsorship, selected as photographer to Launch NX200 Camera with exhibition.
- ”Gold Winner” for the London Photographic Association’s Love, Pain & Beauty Competition.
- Selected as a winner for the Magenta “Emerging Photographers” Award.
- Commissioned by Stern Magazine for the “Sichuan Earthquake Anniversary Special” 10 Pages
- Golden Mercur Publishing Award for 30 Page Special feature “Intimate China” for Onze Wereld Magazine
- Front Page and feature shoot for Canons CEO Tsuneji Uchida. Global Entrepreneur Magazine
- Exhibited at “The Photographers Gallery” London with Solidified Memories Project.
Nominated for best visual Artist of 2006 alongside Banksy and Mathew Barney by XLR8R Magazine in San Fransisco “This London-based photographer has been shooting some of the most interesting and well-produced portraits and event photography around. Working for the likes of Hospital Records and Knowledge magazine, his energy and passion for photography is dizzying.”